Security & Privacy
When you become a Value Benefits of America customer, you entrust us with your personal data. We consider your data to be private and confidential, and we hold ourselves to the highest standards of trust and fiduciary duty in their safekeeping and use.
Value Benefits of America and our partners will not release information about you or your enrollment form, policy or claims information, unless one or more of the following conditions are met:
* We receive your prior written consent.
* We believe the prospective recipient to be you or your authorized representative.
* We are required by law to release information to the recipient.
Questions about your medical history and physical condition are required by our insurance carrier partners and will be released to the insurer so that they may underwrite your insurance application. Value Benefits of America will not give or sell information about you to any other company, individual, or group without your prior authorization.
Value Benefits of America will only use information about you to help us better serve your insurance needs or to suggest Value Benefits of America services or insurance materials that may be of interest to you.
To further protect your privacy, our web site uses the highest levels of Internet security, including data encryption, user names and passwords, and other security tools.
Occasionally, Value Benefits of America may conduct marketing surveys or research to help us evaluate products, services, and the changing needs of our customers. It is Value Benefits of America’s policy to keep this information confidential.
We will not share individual marketing data gathered from our web site with individuals or business entities not affiliated with Value Benefits of America.
We know that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. In order to provide you with insurance products of the highest quality and with the service you deserve, it may be necessary for us from time to time to collect nonpublic personal and financial information about you (the “Information”) and, in certain situations, to share that Information with others. The following notice describes our policies and practices with regard to your Information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the Information against unauthorized access and use. We restrict access to the Information to those employees who need access to provide products and services to you and your dependents. The personnel who have access are trained in the proper handling of the Information. Employees who violate this strict level of confidentiality are subject to our disciplinary process.
CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
In the normal course of business we may collect the following types of Information:
* Information you provide on applications and other forms (including name and address)
* Data about your transactions with us (such as types of products you have purchased and your account status)
* Information gathered on our Web sites through online forms, site visit data and online information-collecting devices known as “cookies”
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
* We may share your information among the Insurance Companies as permitted by law, including for routine business administration.
* We may share information with non-affiliated companies as allowed by law, such as firms that perform services on our behalf, including the administration and marketing of our products. We require these companies to meet strict privacy standards.
* We may disclose information to non-affiliated entities when required by law, such as to respond to a subpoena, to prevent fraud or to comply with an inquiry by a government agency.
ACCURACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to maintain the accuracy of Information that is in our possession about you. In order to help us maintain accuracy, you have the right to reasonably access your information. If you believe any information in our possession is inaccurate, a request can be made to amend or delete the information that you believe to be erroneous. If we concur with the request, we will amend or delete the information in question. You may write our Privacy Office at the address below to receive our complete policy on accessing and amending the Information.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this Notice. We reserve the right to make the revised Notice effective for the Information we already have about you as well as any Information we receive in the future. If we make any material changes to our policies or practices, we will provide you with a copy of a revised Notice. We will post a copy of the current Notice on our websites. The Notice will contain in the top right-hand corner, the effective date.
You may contact our Privacy Office at: Administrative Offices
8700 E. BONITA DRIVE #174, SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85255
PHONE (800) 366-2467 FAX (800) 471-7996